Subject: Re: Broken kern_todor.c
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/2006 07:30:19
Chris Tribo wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>
>> computer_help@rferl.org wrote:
>>> -I/usr/current/src/sys/lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/quad
>>> -I/usr/current/src/sys/lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/string
>>> -I/usr/current/src/sys/lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/arch/arm/string
>>>
>>> -c /usr/current/src/sys/kern/kern_todr.c
>>> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
>>> /usr/current/src/sys/kern/kern_todr.c: In function 'todr_gettime':
>>> /usr/current/src/sys/kern/kern_todr.c:288: warning: implicit
>>> declaration of function 'todr_debug'
>>>
>>> *** Failed target:  kern_todr.o
>>> *** Failed command: echo '# ' "compile Astro/kern_todr.
>>>
>>> Pavel
>>
>> Thats really, really weird, since since todr_debug is either a function,
>> or is a macro.  I've test compiled this both ways for architectures
>> other than hpcarm.  I'll do an hpcarm compile and see if it is busted.
>>

> Something is definitely hinky, even on i386:
>
> WARNING: preposterous TOD clock time
> WARNING: using filesystem time
> WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
>
> The BIOS clock is fine, but the system time is off by more than 8 hours.

Hmm.... have you updated kern_todr in the past 12 hours?  There was a
bug where some rtcs were passing a bogus value for the weekday.  I
removed that check, and it is better now.

Failing that, please #define TODR_DEBUG (or stick it in your kernel
options) and update to the very latest code.  It will dump the exact
values being read from the system clock.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191