Subject: ath(4) receive lossage
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2006 15:49:08
--=-=-=

I have some systems (Thinkpad T42p with Ubiquiti ath(4), current from
August) that work mostly fine except occasionally they stop receiving
packets.  We are running them in IBSS mode with WEP.

This used to happen with current from 200509ish, and seems a lot
better.

I wondered if the problem is a missed receive interrupt so that
packets arrive but aren't processed, but on reading the code that
seems unlikely.

Perhaps a rx_watchdog that does a reset if no packets arrive in
e.g. 10 seconds would be useful.

Does anyone have any clues?

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--