Subject: Re: LFS stability
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Denis Lagno <dlagno@rambler.ru>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/2006 18:16:23
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 10:30:39PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:25:05AM +1000, jeremias@optushome.com.au wrote:
> > > I'm not sure about lfs, but from what I can tell it lacks some stability.
> > > My question is more is there something that can be used on netbsd?
> > > (or ported for that matter)
> >
> > Some people believe LFS is still unstable.  Other people believe it
> > is stable.  Is there any evidence one way or the other?

I can not say anything about LFS stability, but I guess that many people try to use LFS together with mount_union.
I've recently tried to use mount_union on plain FFS and I should say it is not stable (at least on SMP):
build process on union_fs just locked up and I cannot umount this union_fs anymore.

-- denis