Subject: Re: ZFS
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/2006 16:34:51
thus Mark Weinem spake:
> Zafer Aydogan wrote:
>> We should join and try to port it NetBSD, or port it from FreeBSD,
>> when it's finished.
>> The variety of file systems for NetBSD is growing and that's great.
>> ffs,jffs,lfs,zfs :)
> So there are no problems with ZFS's icense (CDDL)? I ask because
> I just today found a statement claiming that the "NetBSD folks" are very
> sceptical about SUN's CDDL license.
>
> Greetings, Mark Weinem

yeah, that's an interesting argument.

furthermore the FreeBSD community doesn't care much about _real_ open
source spririt, e.g. they accept blob drivers (well, i saw some similar
movement in the NEB community either).

OpenBSD rejects them.

YMMV,

timo

--
Timo Schoeler | http://riscworks.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@riscworks.net
RISCworks -- Perfection is a powerful message

Frankie says: Relax