Subject: Re: can't map i/o space
To: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/2006 10:46:02
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 09:34:09AM +0200, Kurt Schreiner wrote:
> > eap0 at pci1 dev 7 function 0: Ensoniq CT5880 CT5880-C (rev. 0x02)
> > eap0: can't map i/o space
> Is there some BIOS-goo to tell the machine where the "pci mem hole" has to
> go? I'v had problems on an Opteron machine until this was set to something
> NetBSD likes. (On this machine -a Sun Ultra40- "pci mem hole" must be set to
> "software"...)

I can't find any such option - but, the problem went away when I ran suse
linux for a while (I don't think running linux really changed anything,
but since then, eap has worked).  I guess it's the phase of moon or
something... ;-)

I tried the amd64 port (3.0.1), but starting X still reboots the system,
so I guess I should finally settle with i386 port.  I just miss the 4 GB
RAM (and the sound of "I'm running a 64-bit OS" ;-)

  -jm