Subject: MKIPFILTER=no & MKKERBEROS=no Problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Eye of the Beholder <eye.of.the.8eholder@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/2006 16:23:52
Hello.

I want to report the following problems i faced when compiling the base
system.

I have in /etc/mk.conf among other options the following two:
MKKERBEROS=no
MKIPFILTER=no

Now the problems are the following:

1) Because of the MKIPFILTER variable the build stops in the install
phase with the message that ipnat,ipfilter,ipmon (in /etc/rc.d) exist
in the destdir but they are not in the flist.

I commented them in /usr/src/etc/rc.d/Makefile and then the build went
fine. The same was happening with pf but it was fixed some time ago.
I guess a if is needed to check MKIPFILTER variable

P.S without them rcorder warns that no file provides the facilities

2) Regarding the MKKERBEROS variable the build continues fine and
everything works perfectly. So i make a release and an iso-image
to install on some other boxes i have.

The iso boots and installs fine and everything seems to work, but
when i boot the installed system, i can't login because in some
files in /etc/pam.d ,  pam_krb is mentioned while it doesn't exist.
So, i need to boot in single user mode, delete all the entries from
the pam files and then boot again.

I guess, again some if is needed for this.

I can file pr if needed but i thought i should post here first.
Thank you.