Subject: Re: Booting from USB mass storage
To: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/2006 21:26:52
I have similar issues on my amd64 running -current.  I boot off a 64MB
USB stick so that I can have root on Raidframe, and I'm usually greeted by:

uhub1: device problem, disabling port 2

on boot. "Sometimes" it actually works, and I see sd0 show up, but
usually not.  There's no rhyme or reason that I can tell.

Anyhow, just a data-point that I'm seeing a similar issue on -current.
Note that this isn't specific to umass; I see the same with a
USB->Serial adapter I have as well.  This only seems to be an issue with
devices present at boot, since the EHCI external drives I use for backup
(and power on/connect only before a backup) always attach successfully.

	ScottE