Subject: Re: Heads up: VFS_MAXFIDSIZ is gone
To: None <martin@duskware.de>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2006 20:47:23
martin@duskware.de wrote:

> I have just commited a change that does
>
>  - fix alignment problems on many filesystems with the vptofh()/fhtovp()
>    VOPs (tmpfs on sparc is where this all started, cd9660 with -Os
>    compiled install kernels is another example)
>  - changes the getfh(2) syscall to aquire a new argument (the available
>    size for the filehandle)
>  - got rid of the global, maximum file-id size (VFS_MAXFIDSIZ)
>
> This change was pretty intrusive, especially inside the NFS code. If anything
> broke, please send-pr.
>
> If you encounter any third-party software that uses getfh(2) and now needs
> to be changed: an example how to properly use the syscall can be found
> in src/regress/sys/fs/tmpfs/h_tools.c.

After update my NFS server, I can't NFS mount via amd(8) any longer.
(though normal NFS mount via mount_nfs(8) works)

On the NFS server (with 3.99.22 kernel and 3.99.21 userland),
mountd(8) complains "mountd[409]: Can't get fh for /r/export"
when NFS clients try to mount directories via amd(8).
According to ktrace(1), getfh(2) (compat version) fails with E2BIG.

Any idea? Do I have to update binaries?
---
Izumi Tsutsui