Subject: Re: assorted kernel build failures today
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Holland <dholland+netbsd@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/2006 16:17:29
christos@astron.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:
 >> It seems surprising that nobody else would be running into this, but
 >> as far as I can tell I'm not doing anything unusual or obviously
 >> stupid, and the machine was freshly installed on Friday...
 >
 > Well, you are not doing something stupid... You are just running with
 > stale .mk files in /usr/share/mk... Eventually we should fix all of
 > these, but for now we have just disabled the errors... So keep sending
 > PR's with fixes :-)

It didn't occur to me to check that, but that's not it. It turns out
that it *was* something stupid: I commented out the -Wno-pointer-sign
in Makefile.kern.inc when building the first -current kernel, because
I was using the freshly installed 3.0's gcc3 that didn't understand
it. Then I forgot to put it back.

Whoops.

I'll leave it commented out though and do the rest of the patches as
time allows...

--
   - David A. Holland / dholland@eecs.harvard.edu