Subject: Some packages don't install?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/2006 14:22:15
In -current as of about 10 minutes ago.

I have some packages (misc/screen the most noticable) for which "make install"
fails abysmally.  It appears to re-run configure rather than installing, so
nothing gets installed, and the package registration generates dire warnings
about being unable to stat any of the files which would have been installed
had the install actually happened.

Doesn't affect all packages; cdrtools is fine, for instance.

I've only reproduced this on the one system, but I have established that
there's been a large number of changes to the pkgsrc/mk files which are
incompatible with older make.  The system I'm having the problems on does
have make updated to -current, once again, as of about 10 minutes ago.
(But just anoncvs.)

-s