Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.99.21 doesn't build on i386
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: MKD <claudiomkd@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2006 01:34:33
KlinT wrote:
> "i386--netbsdelf-gcc: .: linker input file unused because linking not
> done"
>
> You have to test with "HAVE_GCC=3 or HAVE GCC=4"
>
> I've got this error message a few days ago ...
>
> I'm able to build a complete release with HAVE_GCC=3
>
> Try this ... I know it's fastidious but this may solve your problem.
>
> What is the release you are using to build the current-release ?

I'm using NetBSD-3.0 to build the CURRENT. The main reason why I wanted
to encourage with GCC4 was because of the optimizations with Pentium-M,
MMX and SSE.

But I guess I'll have to use GCC3 by now, and maybe later GCC4 when it
gets fixed.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help :)

--
Claudio M. Camacho
http://www.claudiocamacho.org