Subject: Micrel KSZ8842/8841 PCI Ethernet controller
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2006 19:15:53
I've commit the driver for Micrel 8842/8841 Ethernet controller.  The
driver was made for 8842 PCI Eval card and is in good working order
this moment.  I'm aware of the device is equipped with AMD Geode
LX Eval board and commercial product(s) mimicked from it are already
available so far.  I'm willing to hear from the owner.

8842 is an interresting device which can be used for new applications
like "multi-functional IP-phone with extra LAN-interface".  It has traffic
volume bound feature to reserve band width and automatic VLAN tag
insertion/deletion.  Most of unique features are left unprogrammed
by the kse(4) driver this moment.  If interested in, please make a
contact with me about designing possible API.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology