Subject: Re: ural patch
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/2006 20:26:00
Hi -

kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp said:
> Fixed. This procedure was copied from FreeBSD... ;-)

(Did you tell the author?)
Anyway, your new patch leads exactly to the version I've
been testing for two or three days. (also against an old
Cabletron AP in addition to the Cisco one)
I'm quite happy with the ural driver now. It did never work
as reliable as it does now for me, even in AP mode only.

The question remains what to do with the rxrate problem.
As said, it doesn't work for me. Does it tell reasonable
values for you or anyone else? If yes, I'd agree to add
it; perhaps a hardware specific quirk could be introduced
in case it is really my Asus dongle which is strange.
Otherwise, I'd comment out ural_rxrate() and everything
depending on it until we know more.

Thanks a lot for your work!

best regards
Matthias