Subject: Current wi driver
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <JiroutP@rferl.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2006 14:50:11
--=_alternative 004684B1C125719A_=

Hi,

I've compiled and installed NetBSD-current 3.99.21 on Jornada 720 (port
hpcarm). I have one problem with the wi driver.
I use a Prism2.5 chipset pcmcia wifi card (Primary firmware 1.1.1, Station
firmware 1.7.4 )

Hostap and Monitor modes work OK but when in DS11 mode the interface just
cannot associate with an AP.
Standard command -
# ifconfig wi0 ssid somename chan 11 up
interface just blinks so no connection is established
also a strange behaviour when issuing
# wiconfig wi0
the system just freezes

Same card works well with NetBSD-3.0.0 stable on hpcarm.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Pavel
--=_alternative 004684B1C125719A_=

I've compiled and installed NetBSD-current 3.99.21 on Jornada 720 (port
hpcarm). I have one problem with the wi driver. <br>
I use a Prism2.5 chipset pcmcia wifi card (Primary firmware 1.1.1, Station
firmware 1.7.4 ) <br>
Hostap and Monitor modes work OK but when in DS11 mode the interface just
cannot associate with an AP. <br>
Standard command -<br>
# ifconfig wi0 ssid somename chan 11 up </font>
also a strange behaviour when issuing </font>
Same card works well with NetBSD-3.0.0 stable on hpcarm. <br>
Any suggestions ? <br>
Thanks <br>
Pavel </font>
--=_alternative 004684B1C125719A_=--