Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/2006 14:16:03
On Wednesday 21 June 2006 23:01, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Please update to the latest sources, and try again. Before suspending, do
> the following:
>
>    # sysctl -w machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0
>
> Does this solve the system rebooting problem? It does on my Latitude D600.
> You may not have video on resume; if not, let me know and I can give you
> some of the workarounds I have used.

Setting that helped (somewhat).  There was no video on resume but setting
system password in bios hack fixed that, which got me to on resume it
immediately going into the kernel debugger with:

Stopped in pid 1141.1 (sysctl) at 0xcc9b6a80: sti
db>

and no response from the keyboard.

I realised a little after that that I don't have PCI_INTR_FIXUP set in this
kernel so when I get a chance I'll try again with that set and the last
couple of days kernel updates.

cheers
mark