Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2006 09:29:28
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:15:06 -0400, "Perry E. Metzger"
<perry@piermont.com> wrote:

> "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> writes:
> > At this point, the sole issue keeping me from running this full-time,
> > rather than apm, is USB.
>
> Don't forget that we have no userland hooks for the whole thing
> yet. The sysctl thing is a temporary kludge for testing.

I haven't forgotten -- but the more people we have running this, the more
problems we'll smoke out.  (Example: see Jared's post about sound versus
networking.  I may have such issues, too, but I haven't run with ACPI for
long enough to know.)  I just can't afford to be without USB ports, so at
best I can experiment.