Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2006 14:06:03
On Jun 19, 2006, at 1:52 PM, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Chris Tribo wrote:
>> I tried this on my GX280 desktop and it refused to enter S3.
>
> The 'cannot enter the sleep state' message means that the mode is
> not supported by your firmware.

Yeah that was an oops on my part. I set the BIOS to only allow S1
sleep. I set it to S3 this time, it went to sleep and everything
powered off: USB, display. I tapped the power switch to wake it up
and I was greeted by a long beep and then the system reset itself. No
clues in dmesg as to what happened.

>> Deleting aliases.
>> Downing network interfaces: bge0.
>> acpi0: entering state 3
>> acpi: cannot enter the sleep state (3).
>> acpi0: resuming
>> machdep.sleep_state: 0 -> 3
>
> Does the system still function here? I have not tested this
> specific situation yet.

Seems too.