Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2006 11:06:37
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> Two questions...  First, what in the dmesg tells you that?  Second, is it
> possible for both entries to coexist properly in a GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel?
> If not, I predict trouble for people who are trying to figure out what to
> put in their systems.

It's a Pentium M based system with an Intel memory controller hub. These
are typically paired with an ICH series south bridge.

Both drivers can co-exist. Once I'm confident that ichlpcib does the right
thing (I don't have the device.. wrote the powerhook based on what I could
gather from the datasheet), I will enable it in GENERIC_LAPTOP.

>>> 	Jun 18 00:18:39 berkshire /netbsd: WARNING: Callback scheduled
>>> before sysmon task queue thread present.
>>
>> This is normal, do not worry about it.
>
> Then why print it?

I don't know. I'm not responsible for sysmon.

> Rebuilding....  (I also added the 'isa0 at ichlpcib' entry.)

Ok, good luck :)

Cheers,
Jared