Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/2006 22:14:17
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> What kernel and rc.conf options are you using?  GENERIC_LAPTOP includes
> acpi0 at mainbus0, but doesn't have any other acpi devices or options.
> GENERIC.MPACPI does have them, but doesn't have things like cardbus and
> PCMCIA devices.

Any kernel with 'acpi0' and 'acpiec0' should work. I use all ACPI
attachments on my Vaio. I should really enable acpiec in GENERIC_LAPTOP...

Make sure, if you have an Intel chipset, that you have the appropriate
chipset-specific PCI-ISA bridge driver loaded (ichlpcib(4), or
piixpcib(4)).

Cheers,
Jared