Subject: Re: "sendmail" configuration file issue should be fixed
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/2006 13:30:13
On Sat 10 Jun 2006 at 18:11:54 +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> So I still stand by the reasoning that if you want a mail daemon, you
> should install it yourself, you cannot depend on what's in base.

I disagree strongly. The good thing about NetBSD is is usable base
system: you don't *need* to install any extra software to have a real
working Unix system. And, in my definition (and I expect many others')
that includes mail processing. Once you remove such a vital service out
of the base install, why have anything at all in it? You might as well
remove all daemons (including inetd), compilers, shells, etc etc, and be
left with something like Linux.

I say, if you want to remove essential functionality, use syspkgs or
something like that and remove it after install.

> 	Johnny
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.