Subject: Apparent race condition with ndis on i386
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/2006 00:30:42
I have been trying to configure a Netgear WG311v3 wireless PCI card
using ndis under netbsd-current.

When I boot the ndis kernel with console output sent to the video card
I get a hang right after configuring ndis. I diverted the console to my
workstation so that I could debug it (and send meaningful output to
this list) and the system came up with no problems.

My guess is that the slower serial console enables something to
work which will not work when the console goes straight to the video
card.

I am happy to try debugging it if anybody is interested.

BTW the WG311v3 gives me exactly the same problems under NetBSD ndis as
I got under the linux ndis wrapper so I would say ndis is working fine
on NetBSD.
--
Michael Smith
Network Applications