Subject: Re: "sendmail" configuration file issue should be fixed
To: Matthias Scheler <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2006 12:22:55
On Oct 30,  8:02am, Matthias Scheler wrote:
}
} I've just committed changes to NetBSD-current which should sort out the
} problems with using the "sendmail" package after "sendmail" has been
} removed from the base distribution.
}
} The "sendmail" configuration files and startup scripts are no longer
} reported as being obsolete if the "sendmail" package from "pkgsrc"
} is installed.

     Umm, what about people that upgrade their systems and then realise
that they need to install the package?  Or, what about people that
deliberately wait until after they upgrade to install the package in
order to compile it against the new version of the compiler, libc,
etc.  I don't think the sendmail config files should be marked as
obsolete at all.

}-- End of excerpt from Matthias Scheler