Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/sets/lists
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2006 17:19:07
On Thu 01 Jun 2006 at 16:09:07 +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> For rewriting addresses in outgoing mail, Postfix 2.2 (in -current) has a
> smtp_generic_maps feature which is similar to sendmail's masquerade_envelope.
> An alternative for older postfix versions (NetBSD 3.0 still has postfix 2.1)
> is documented in:
> http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#fantasy

(Looking at postfix 2.2 docs mostly, since I would not convert my
current 3.0 system anyway) Aha, one can use regular expressions to do
the "generic" mapping. That is good, since at first I feared that the
table based mapping would not be powerful enough. And the same for
"canonical" mapping that applies to incoming mail. In both cases I can
map "@[^.]*\.falu\.nl" to "@falu.nl" or somesuch.
Ok, so this removes one worry.  :-)

(hmmm after klicking through some docs I find "masquerade_domains",
which I hadn't found because sample-rewrite.cf isn't actually in the
example directory, on 3.0 at least. This option seems even better.)

> 	Geert
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.