Subject: Re: removed sendmail from the tree.
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/2006 22:11:49
On Oct 20,  6:09pm, Rob Healey wrote:
} On May 30, 2006, at 1:41 AM, theo borm wrote:
}
} > Though I'm personally very happy with base getting a bit leaner,
} > I'm a bit curious as to the reasons. Additional fallout of
} > SA-2006-010*?
}
} Does this mean all MTA's will be removed from the base and some

     postfix will still be in base and will be the default MTA.

} generic selector be put in place or some optional package, mailMTA's

     A generic selector has been in place since NetBSD 1.4 (see "man
mailwrapper" and "man mailer.conf").

} (?) be required to add to the base to get an MTA?

     You can easily select other MTAs using pkgsrc.  Most MTA packages
will include sample mailer.conf files to let you easily activate them.

}-- End of excerpt from Rob Healey