Subject: Re: lib/24324: telldir issues
To: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/2006 00:04:06
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 07:40:41AM -0400, Andreas Wrede wrote:

> Is there any technical reason why these patches have not been
> committed?

About the only think I can see that would cause a bit of a pause is
the fact that you changed the calling arguments in telldir() by
removing "const", this would require a bump in the version number of
libc to prevent binaries linked with old libc versions getting the new
API.  I believe that his would be a bump in the major version of libs
which is not done lightly.

> Is there a better way to solve the problem?

What you have done looks fine to me.

--
Brett Lymn