Subject: Trying to mount a root mfs in read-write with current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olivier Cochard-Labbe <olivier@freenas.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/2006 17:50:42
------=_Part_8617_23331662.1146671442241

Hi all,

I'm testing to migrate my software from FreeBSD to NetBSD (want to test
RaidFrame feature in the place of geom vinum).
I meet a problem with my 'customized NetBSD release' that use a kernel RAM
disk image with NetBSD current:

I want to mount the root filesystem in Read-Write mode, then I put this lin=
in the /etc/rc file:
mount -u -o rw /dev/md0a /

This works perfectly with NetBSD 3.0.... But with NetBSD current (3.99.18),
I have this error message:
mount_ffs: -o update: option not supported

What are the changes in NetBSD current that prevent to change a kernel RAM
disk image to read-write ?

Thanks,

Olivier

--
Olivier Cochard-Labb=E9
FreeNAS main developer

------=_Part_8617_23331662.1146671442241

Hi all,<br><br>I'm testing to migrate my software from FreeBSD to NetBSD (w=
ant to test RaidFrame feature in the place of geom vinum).<br>I meet a prob=
lem with my 'customized NetBSD release' that use a kernel RAM disk image wi=
th NetBSD current:
rks perfectly with NetBSD 3.0.... But with NetBSD current (3.99.18), I have=
 this error message:
in NetBSD current that prevent to change a kernel RAM disk image to read-wr=
hard-Labb=E9
.freenas.org</a><br>

------=_Part_8617_23331662.1146671442241--