Subject: Re: Getting ready to branch for 4.0
To: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
From: James Chacon <jmc@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2006 22:10:38
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 03:55:51PM +0000, Martijn van Buul wrote:
> It occurred to me that Martijn van Buul wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.current:
> > It occurred to me that Zafer Aydogan wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.current:
> >> Which Versions are going to be EOLed when we branch 4.0 ?
> >
> > 1.6, at least that's what tradition would suggest.
>
> Well, the *correct* answer would've been "None", ofcourse; any EOLing would
> be done at the time 4.0 gets *released* (Which might be a while)

None of these are actually true. 1.6 should be EOL'd right now based on
releasing 3.0. It just is behind because we committed to putting out
a final release there that hasn't happened yet.

Traditionally we support 1 release back (major release wise) so sometime
after 4.0 ships we'll EOL the 2.x tree. (i.e. the same way 1.5.x was EOL'd
after 2.0 shipped, etc).

James