Subject: Re: Getting ready to branch for 4.0
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2006 16:42:21
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Martin Husemann wrote:

> Dear NetBSD users,
>
> the NetBSD project is about to create the netbsd-4 branch for the NetBSD 4.0
> release. However, before starting the release process, we would like to fix a
> few bugs that we consider show-stoppers.
>
> The following list is what the NetBSD developers came up with. If you
> would like to suggest adding "your favorite bug", let us know.

These are both soekris related:

 	PR/29612 - serial console delay problems
 	PR/25174 - pxe booting soekris hangs. (PR/32958 may be related?)

There is a third issue with NetBSD on soekris - the soekris comBIOS has
a buggy implementation of the int 15h func 86h delay call (it just
returns immediatly), this makes it next to impossible to interupt the
boot(8) to choose an alternate kernel or to boot single user.

--
[http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]