Subject: Re: Testers for wpa_supplicant 0.4.8
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2006 01:11:57
dixie <dixieml@imap.cc> writes:

> Rui Paulo wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like people to test the new wpa_supplicant before import, so I
>> prepared a patch and a tarball:
>>
>>       ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rpaulo/wpa_supplicant/
>>
>> To apply:
>>
>>    dir=$PWD
>>    (cd src/usr.sbin/wpa && patch < $dir/wpa_sup.diff)
>>    (cd src/dist && tar xzf $dir/wpa_supplicant.tgz)
>>
>> Please report any sucess/failure.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> I'd really like to test it, even tomorrow, but I need to know how to
> enable EAP_PEAP support first.
> I've tried to copy src/dist/wpa_supplicant/defconfig to .config but
> without any result.
> It seems like during the build phase .config is never read.
> Here's an extract of my wpa_supplicant.conf:
>
> network {
>     key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
>     eap=PEAP
>     phase1="peaplabel=1"
>     phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
>     priority=10
> }
>
> And here's the error wpa gives me:
>
> # wpa_supplicant -i ral0 -Dbsd -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> Line 312: unknown EAP method 'PEAP'
> You may need to add support for this EAP method during wpa_supplicant
> build time configuration.
> See README for more information.
> Line 312: failed to parse eap 'PEAP'.
> Line 319: failed to parse network block.
> Failed to read read or parse configuration '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'.

You need to define ENABLE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL (in /etc/mk.conf for example).
But this doesn't work with the patch I gave you, sorry.

In dist/wpa_supplicant/common.h, you need to add #include <stdio.h>
within #if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__).

In dist/wpa_supplicant/crypto.c you need to add
#include <openssl/opensslv.h> and #include <stdlib.h>

In src/usr.sbin/wpa/wpa_supplicant/Makefile you need to add
eap_psk_common.c to the same list of eap_psk.c.

--
  Rui Paulo			<rpaulo@{NetBSD{,-PT}.org,fnop.net}>