Subject: Re: Issue 50 of the NetBSD CVS Digest is out.
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: thilo <jeremias@optushome.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2006 07:58:15
>>>Coverity is a for-profit business. That they choose to give us _anything_,
>>>is charity on their part.

I somewhat disagree with that! Coverity uses the exposure in the public
for open source project to their benefit.
THEY will claim who usefull their software is (not that I disagree to
this statement), but it is really for their own benefit.

As they are selling and get the money.

We however might benefit, but it would really serve a learning purpose
(which is part of the open source idea) if the bug are discovered in full.
I kind of understand that excess traffic to their web-based interface is
difficult, but summary reports, that hightlight the
issues are possible and should be published in the relevant mailing lists.

thilo