Subject: Re: Issue 50 of the NetBSD CVS Digest is out.
To: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2006 22:50:05
On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Mark Kirby wrote:
> Coverity problems are down to 2364 from 2395 last week.

Maybe a word on this number:

The code currently scanned by Coverity is Userland + X, the "Lines of
Code" they cite is _real_ code, excluding comments and blank lines.
From all the problems found above, about 2/3 are in 3rd party code
imported into src/dist, src/gnu/dist etc.

It is assumed that projects that were also scanned by Coverity (gcc, ...)
will have their numbers reduced when new versions with less problems are
imported into NetBSD. For the many projects that we include that were not
scanned seperately by Coverity, we have send out notices that their code
was/is scanned as part of NetBSD, and invited the 3rd party projects'
developers to look at the NetBSD scans for hints on fixing bugs.

Again, the idea is to reduce the number of bugs by fixing things upstream
eventually.

  - Hubert