Subject: Re: Building system in xterm versus regular console: two different
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/2006 08:17:45
Chris Tribo wrote:

> Are you running Gnome or KDE? One or both of those has some kind of
> program startup or crash monitor that plays games with things like this...

Yes, that was it, thanks!  I switched from Gnome to the default X
session and the system built perfectly.  Oddly, now that I'm running
the newly-built system I don't see the error even under Gnome.

The thing that was hanging was __sigaction_sigtramp generated by the
test in 'configure' for integer-divide-by-zero.  Any idea why I saw
that error yesterday and not today?  (Black Magic...)