Subject: Re: is obsolete?
To: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2006 11:00:39
On Mar 10, 2006, at 9:16 AM, walt wrote:
> Thanks.  This is my real problem:  building libgtop2 from pkgsrc:
>

> _KERNEL is indeed defined in the source code of libgtop2 which is
> why msg.h wants to include systm.h.  But systm.h has been deleted
> by postinstall, which doesn't seem to make sense.

   Any software that defines _KERNEL (because it needs internal
interface stuff) needs to include files from /sys (or /usr/src/sys, or
the like), rather than /usr/include.  The stuff in /usr/include is
for user-land software, not kernel software.

   The issue of whether a userland program/library should be
using the _KERNEL symbol I won't get into here...  :-)

                                   - Chris