Subject: Re: X11 logs fill disk
To: Holger Rasch <Holger.Rasch@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Stoned Elipot <seb@ssr.univ-paris7.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2006 18:45:14
The following may be related...

The freetype2 library when using the "generic" FT_Stream_Open() function
from xsrc/xfree/xc/extras/freetype2/src/base/ftsystem.c leaks
file descriptors.

When using xsrc/xfree/xc/extras/freetype2/builds/unix/ftsystem.c
it does not with the help of:
    (void)fcntl( file, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC );
Also it uses mmap()...

I have only tried once to make xsrc/xfree/xc/lib/freetype2/Imakefile
and src/x11/lib/freetype2/Makefile using ftsystem.c from
xsrc/xfree/xc/extras/freetype2/builds/unix.
As I hadn't tried really hard it failed but it was only a build plumbing
problem not an actual compiling or liking problem. If anyone
knowledgeable enough could pick this up :)