Subject: Re: Outdated links in bsd-family-tree
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2006 10:34:19
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:48:37PM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
> Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net> writes:
>
> > About the daemonnews article, I managed to find a copy and I put it on
> > http://www.NetBSD.org/~rpaulo/bsd_family.html.
>
> Ok, I wasn't aware of the ezine.daemonews.org domain.
> I synched the bsd-family-tree file with FreeBSD v 1.101.

I wish you wouldn't.  The FreeBSD version of the tree includes
politically motivated changes that are inaccurate as to the actual
history involved (they seem to have snuck into our version some time
ago).

The actual fact of the matter is that there should be a line from
NetBSD 0.8 to FreeBSD 1.0; the patchkit maintainers, who created
FreeBSD, were provided with a prerelease snapshot of NetBSD and
incorporated changes from it into their own working tree.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart