Subject: Re: Dallas semiconductor "one-wire" and envsys(4)
To: None <riz@tastylime.net>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2006 15:01:14
In article <44009889.5030803@tastylime.net> you write:
>I'm currently working on a driver for one-wire devices (such as the
>DS18B20 temperature sensor) ...
>
>It's not clear to me whether this would be something appropriate to
>bring in to NetBSD or not ...

We've already got a little bit of one-wire bus support in sys/dev/ic/ds.h,
which is used by sys/arch/acorn26/ioc/ssn.c and by something in
sys/arch/amiga.  Making it more general might well be useful, and ISTR that
the acorn26 implementation never worked properly anyway.  If it had, I would
have ported it to NetBSD/acorn32 so that we could get the system Ethernet
address on acorn32 systems without help from RISC OS.

Or, in summary, yes please!

--
Ben Harris