Subject: Re: tmpfs as root file system
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer.aydogan@gmail.com>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2006 16:38:11
MFS != MD   /* MFS and TMPFS is not MD */

You could however mount tmpfs file systems from the memory disk root
file system that you stuff inside the kernel image, or maybe roll
your own /etc/rc to populate a tmpfs file system. I've done that with
mfs file systems on a firewall box before I learned to effectively
use crunchgen.