Subject: Re: DP83815 ethernet chips, revision numbers
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2006 13:24:04
On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 01:09:48PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <20060221191056.GU17213@charon.lan.0x54434D.net>, Nino Dehne writes:
> >and I can confirm that both my boards read DP83816 directly on the chip.
> >The interfaces come up as
>
> >  sip0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: NatSemi DP83815 10/100 Ethernet, rev 00
>
> Cool.  I have mine working now; it had a couple of problems.  I've updated
> the driver to:
> 2.  Identify specific model/revision.
> 3.  Not do the cable magic hack on later revision 83816 boards.

Neat.  Do you expect to send-pr some patches?  Maybe they will help with
some sip(4) lossage I'm seeing between very old net4521s and a couple of
newish 4-port Soekris ethernet cards.  Essentially, I have to unplug &
replug the ethernet after power-cycling the net4521, or else no packets
will cross, in spite of both sides indicating an active link.

Dave