Subject: at24cxx.c code coverage?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/2006 18:14:24
I'm trying to debug an AT24C32A chip which, in theory, ought to be connected
over an I2C bus and working beautifully.  The probe succeeds, trivially
enough.

My naive next step was to use seeprom_bootstrap_read to sniff some bytes.
This function always fails; I'm not sure why yet.  My next thought was to
open and close the device properly, but here I find that I can find no code
anywhere actually opening or closing the device, and no /dev entries for it
either.

Should I be creating something in /dev, or should I be hitting this from
inside the kernel?  Assuming it's the former, how do I figure out what node
to make?  It seems to me that there ought to be an entry somewhere in devsw
for that to work, and there isn't one.

But I can't find any uses of any function but seeprom_bootstrap_read from
this file, and I'm not quite clear on how to correctly use the other
functions, which I'd sort of like to do, to try to isolate the failures I'm
seeing...

-s