Subject: Re: Midrange machine + NetBSD. Comments?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Tooley <netbsdMLpostNO@spam.quake.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2006 14:56:43
On Tuesday 14 February 2006 03:27, Brett Lymn wrote:

> I have exactly that mother board in my machine at home, I only have
> 242's in my machine (all I could get at the time I bought it) and
> 1.5Gb of memory.  I use the on board SiI3114 sata controller for most
> of my disk.  The machine runs fine for me, very stable now.  I
> suggest that you make sure the bios is reasonably up to date - early
> versions of the bios had a bug with the MTRR setup which caused some
> grief if you had a video card in the machine.

Hey thanks for the tip. I guess I'm one of a handful of people then.
I'll have to post my experiences when I finally get it up and running.
(Waiting on some backordered parts still.)

I'll let you know how the 8GB RAM works out. As it stands, it looks like
the trick will be getting it to the point where single processes can
take advantage of large chunks of the overall RAM total. (7.5GB for a
single process would be so very nice for my testing..)