Subject: Re: reboot vs shutdown -r
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2006 22:27:56
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:38:23 +0100
Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:18:05PM +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:01:35 +0100
> > Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz> wrote:
> > >
> > > This should not happen, regardless of reboot...
> >
> > Yes, I fixed the raid parity with my custom made livecd and still got kernel panic.
>
> What panic? Maybe the filesystem is corrupted. Try fsck from your livecd.

I have, it seemed healty. I ran raidctl -P raid0 as well since
parity status was marked as DIRTY.
I do not have any debugging info since I installed 3.0 sets
over the old system directly on the raid.
I updated the system just a while ago and I am back on CURRENT.
I'll let you know if I can reproduce the problem and if
something like this happens again.

Cheers,
Marcin.