Subject: Re: Adsl and DHCP.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ghis Gigi <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2006 19:35:59

>machine connected to ADSL
servers do you run on your

>> The NetBSD is direcly connected to the modem. This
modem is in fact an
>> ethernet bridge ( For more information :
>> http://support.free.fr/files/manufbx34.pdf but it
is in french ).
>> I don't known how many DHCP server is there, there
are hosted by the
>> Internet provider.

>I think I had similar problem when I tried to set up
>half bridge. I think the
>problem was dhclient script would not add a default
>route when IP address
>changed. See the following patch:
>
>http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/bugs/0404/msg00078.html
>
>You need to have a look at /sbin/dhclient-script and
>incorporate the changes in
>that patch. I never managed to get my ADSL modem to
>work properly in half
>bridge mode. DHCP server on my modem renews IP
>addresses every half a minute
>and there was no way to change this setting. This
>would cause problems when I
>had large downloads, as the connection would stall
>when IP address was
>renegotiated.

You're right, this this a default route problem. They
are not correctly renewed. I've tryed to flush all
routes and launch dhclient after that, it works fine.
Could you tell when dhclient-script is called? Is
dhclient program call it? Because /etc/rc.d/dhclient
script don't call it.

Thanks

Ghislain