Subject: Re: Adsl and DHCP.
To: Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr>
From: None <segv@netctl.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2006 12:47:31
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:34:21 +0100
Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> segv@netctl.net a =E9crit :
>=20
> >On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:30:27 +0100
> >Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> >
> > =20
> >

> >What's your network topology, i.e. is your NetBSD machine connected to A=
DSL
> >modem? What kind of modem is that? How many DHCP servers do you run on y=
our
> >LAN?
> > =20
> >
> The NetBSD is direcly connected to the modem. This modem is in fact an
> ethernet bridge ( For more information :
> http://support.free.fr/files/manufbx34.pdf but it is in french ).
> I don't known how many DHCP server is there, there are hosted by the
> Internet provider.

I think I had similar problem when I tried to set up half bridge. I think t=
he
problem was dhclient script would not add a default route when IP address
changed. See the following patch:

http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/bugs/0404/msg00078.html

You need to have a look at /sbin/dhclient-script and incorporate the change=
s in
that patch. I never managed to get my ADSL modem to work properly in half
bridge mode. DHCP server on my modem renews IP addresses every half a minute
and there was no way to change this setting. This would cause problems when=
had large downloads, as the connection would stall when IP address was
renegotiated.