Subject: Re: npx0 not attaching with ACPI
To: Takayoshi Kochi <kochi@NetBSD.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2006 05:36:48
--LWVQOr/QoF/fPPTS

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 01:21:06PM +0900, Takayoshi Kochi wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
> Subject: Re: npx0 not attaching with ACPI
> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 02:10:38 +0100
>=20
> > On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 07:41:56PM -0500, Chris Tribo wrote:
> > > Hmm, I just looked at what windows does, and all the legacy ISA stuff=
 =20
> > > shows up as children of this:
> > >=20
> > > PNP0A05 [Generic ACPI Bus] at acpi0 not configured
> > >=20
> > > Specifically com1, com2, lpt1, the fdc and fd, but anyway, thanks for=
 =20
> > > looking.
>=20
> PNP0A05, PNP0A06, ACPI0004 are generic container devices, which
> are not recognized by our acpi driver currently.

We currently have no use for it (you probably noticed the said devices
had attached in Chris's case;  except npx, which is probably not in the
table).

> > Our current ACPI implementation consider the ACPI namespace flat, it has
> > no knowledge of the ACPI device tree (*sigh*).
>=20
> I think we should have a new acpi bus driver which can be attached
> to its parent recursively.  When I have spare time, I'll look into
> it but anyone who can write such a driver is welcome ;)

As I said, we currently consider the ACPI namespace flat, so it is not
needed.  We don't really have the autoconf(9) machinery ready for making
it useful to do it another way.

Besides, if it is just a matter of attaching acpi1 at acpi0, you can
already do that (acpibus interface attribute already exists, just add it
to the list of attributes acpi provides).

--=20

--LWVQOr/QoF/fPPTS

--LWVQOr/QoF/fPPTS--