Subject: UVM assertion triggered
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2006 11:19:37
Hi all,

I'm running a DIAGNOSTIC kernel and get the following panic whenever I
rebuild nbmake (the very first thing build.sh does).  It happens just
after the 'cc -O -o nbmake *.o' command:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "opg->uobject == ufi->entry-
 >object.uvm_obj" failed: file "/usr/src/sys/uvm/uvm_fault.c", line 573
Stopped in pid 1886.1 (nbmake) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4: leave
db>

At this point, I can't do anything.  (Don't USB keyboards work in ddb?)

If I boot a GENERIC kernel (thus no DIAGNOSTIC), this does not happen
and the system seems to behave properly.  (At least, I've done full
builds without problems.)

Should I file a PR?

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>