Subject: Please help test new Arla-package
To: None <pkgsrc-wip-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net,>
From: Ola Eriksson <ola@mreriksson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/2006 23:08:23
Hello!

I have patched the Arla-package (pkgsrc/net/arla) to compile and run on
NetBSD 3.99.14 and beyond. In mid-december, the lwp-ktrace branch was
merged with HEAD (and version bumped to 3.99.14) which implemented quite
a lot of changes in the kernel interface. These changes broke the
compilation of Arla's kernel module (lkm).

I have implemented changes in to the package that makes it compile and
run on both -current and the 3.0-branch. But since I have made quite a
lot of changes, I would like some help to test the package (both
compilation and, if possible, normal usage of the lkm/package) before I
submit the patches to pkgsrc.

The current version of the fixed package is available in pkgsrc-wip
under wip/arla-3.99.14

Any feedback is appreciated!

Best Regards,
Ola Eriksson