Subject: auich set to wrong rate
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2006 10:15:13
My auich has somehow set itself to the wrong khz rate. every mp3 I play
irrespective of application (java music app, mpg321) and every wav/au
file I stream to /dev/sound or /dev/audio is being replayed at some
sub-multiple of its correct frequency (Johnny Cash was low enough
before it was being played at 33rpm, instead of 78...)

This has happened about 2 times before to me. its cleared by a reboot.

Before I reboot, is there some diagnostic I can usefully do, alas
without DDB in the kernel?

-George

# uname -a
NetBSD garlic.apnic.net 3.99.15 NetBSD 3.99.15 (GGMSMALL) #1: Wed Jan 18 10:11:08 EST 2006  ggm@garlic.apnic.net:/data/Build/obj/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GGMSMALL i386
#

# audioctl -a
name=ICH4 AC97
version=0x01
config=auich0
encodings=slinear_le:16,slinear_be:16*,ulinear_le:16*,ulinear_be:16*,mulaw:8*,alaw:8*
properties=full_duplex,mmap,independent
full_duplex=0
fullduplex=0
blocksize=16384