Subject: Re: i386-current not building distribution
To: None <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@uninett.no>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2006 00:30:20
> You can't use sort, because you need the last copy of duplicate lines=
.=

You can't use sort as the first step, and my script didn't do that
either, but the line for ./usr apears to need to come before e.g.
./usr/include/a.out.h, otherwise mtree will complain.

> Also a METALOG file from update builds can easily contain information=

> for files that no longer exist.  This has not been a problem in the
> past (except when a file changes to/from a symlink), and it needs to
> remain so.

Uh, then the current check between the METALOG file and what's
installed matches up needs to be undone in that it should not complain
of now-obsolete entries.  Either that, or now-obsolete files and
directories should automatically be removed from METALOG.  I'd
suggest the latter, together with a scheme which curtails the growth
of METALOG on repeated UPDATE builds.

Regards,

- H=E5vard