Subject: Re: i386-current not building distribution
To: None <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2006 19:52:02
> > #! /usr/bin/perl
> > =

> > while (<>) {
> >     chomp;
> >     split;
> >     $line{$_[0]} =3D $_;
> > }
> > =

> > foreach my $k (sort keys %line) {
> >     printf("%s\n", $line{$k});
> > }
>
> Should the sanitize_METALOG target in src/distrib/sets/Makefile
> use the following script instead of (or as well as)
> "${TOOL_MTREE} -C ..."?

Well, we don't want to introduce a dependency on perl in our
build system, now, do we? ;) However, the first part is simple
enough that it can be done in awk, and the second part can be
done by piping the result into sort, and, yes, I think it would
be a good idea to do something along those lines.

(I'm currently doing UPDATE rebuilds to see if they now work
after my one-time tweak of the METALOG files, it'll be a little
while until the results are in.)

Regards,

- H=E5vard