Subject: syspkgs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2006 17:59:27
I have just finished committing several changes relating to
syspkgs.  It's now possible to generate syspkgs as part of
a native or cross build using build.sh.  Essentially, if you do

    $ build.sh -D ${DESTDIR} -T ${TOOLDIR} -R ${RELEASEDIR} \
	    -u -U -m ${MACHINE} release syspkgs

then ${RELEASEDIR}/${MACHINE}/binary/syspkgs
will be populated with a whole lot of files
with names like base-sys-root-3.99.15.0.20060104.tgz.

You can experiment with installing them into a scratch
file system like this:

     $ su
     # newfs /dev/r${SCRATCHDISK}
     # mount /dev/${SCRATCHDISK} ${MOUNTPOINT}
     # PKG_DBDIR=${MOUNTPOINT}/var/db/syspkg pkg_add -p ${MOUNTPOINT} \
	     ${RELEASEDIR}/${MACHINE}/binary/syspkgs/base-dhcpd-bin-*.tgz

and it should install the base-dhcpd-bin syspkg and all its dependencies.

I think that the creation of syspkgs is working fine now,
but installing them via pkg_add will encounter small problems.

Please report new problems via send-pr, or make suggestions here.

--apb (Alan Barrett)